- The Cayenne Pepper Diet can be rather boring. You drink the same lemonade 6 – 12 times for 10 days. There is no variety.
- There are no published medical studies supporting the benefits of the diet.
- There are many successful testimonials on YouTube, however people who fail on the diet are unlikely to broadcast the fact. Such is human nature.
- There isn’t widespread support for the Cayenne Pepper Diet by mainstream nutritionists. They are far more likely to advocate a healthy eating program of well balanced meals similar to the Zone diet.
- the calorie intake on the Cayenne Pepper Diet is too low to be a long-term healthy eating plan. Over-fasting is not recommended although there is scant evidence that people have suffered long term negative health effects.
- The lack of protein is a concern. This can be overcome with the addition of protein capsules or limiting oneself to 10 days of the fast.
- There is considerable media hype about the diet. This has caused the cost of maple syrup to rise, particularly the desirable organic varieties. The ingredients are basic and that’s what you should pay – a basic price!
My advice is that no one diet will fit everyone. This can be a great short term crash diet/detox that will work like a charm for your weight loss goal, and also allow you to break old habits. For others, the won’t be the right one. You need to evaluate your goals and choose the right diet for you!photo credit Cieleke @ sxc.hu
Tags: cayenne pepper diet