The salt water flush is one of the key parts to the cayenne pepper diet cleanse. This is separate from the lemon, pepper, and syrup drink that you consume during the day while on the cleanse. This salt water flush is designed to mobilize and eliminate waste, clearing your bowels when you drink it in the morning.
The salt water flush has the benefit of cleansing out your entire digestive system, not just the colon like laxatives or enemas will do. Because of this, you may find yourself experiencing a greater sense of energy and well-being, a renewed appreciation for food and skin that is free from impurities. And because you are using a home remedy, you have avoided becoming dependant on expensive products to help with your cleanse.
The recipe is basic. You will need 1 quart of lukewarm water and 2 teaspoons of sea salt. That’s an important point – you must be using non-iodized sea salt to do the flush correctly. Just mix those two ingredients together and add the juice of a lemon or lime for taste. Then sip the drink rather than guzzling it down.
Burroughs recommends to drink the entire quart, but I found that to be too difficult. I tried forcing myself, however, with experimentation my body let me know that just 16 oz of the salt water flush was effective. Try experimenting yourself to see what works best. If you can’t stomach the taste, an alternative is to consume an herbal laxative tea in the evening before bed. This helps move things along.
Some doctors and naturopaths recommend skipping the salt water flush, suggesting your colon will do all the work it needs once you break your cleansing fast. If you have concerns, your doctor will be the best person to consult with before you decide to do the salt water flush or any cleansing program. Like any other diet plans, clearing it with your doctor first is recommended.
Within 30-45 minutes of drinking the salt water, you will feel the need to have a bowel movement. This can feel quite urgent so make sure you are close enough to a bathroom to get to one. Depending upon how many times you have performed the flush, it’s possible you may feel bloated and elimination may not come within the 30-45 minutes.
There are some useful tips I’ve collected that can help you get the benefits of the salt water flush while on the cayenne pepper diet cleanse:
1. Always consult with your doctor if you have cancer, tuberculosis or appendicitis. Ditto for ulcers;
2. Try using Celtic Sea Salt. Many say it helps with the taste;
3. A straw can help you drink the solution, avoiding the gag reflex because of the salty taste;
4. If you are eating meals, the flush won’t work too soon after. You must wait eight hours before flushing;
5. Your toilet will be your best friend after drinking the flush. Plan to be near one;
Headaches are a frequent detoxification symptom. They usually disappear by day four. Most of us will be tempted to take pain medication to help with the headaches resulted from the toxins being purged from inside our bodies. However, it is not advisable to do so because pain medication is yet another chemical adding toxins to the body. To help with the migraine, drink more water to help with the cleanse. The faster the body is removing the toxins, the faster the relief fro the side effects of the detox will be.
Similar Cayenne Pepper Diet News:
- Cayenne Pepper Diet Recipe Main Ingredients for the Cayenne Pepper Diet Recipe *...
- Master Cleanse Instructions So you’ve decided to do the cleanse and you’re looking...
- Cayenne Pepper Diet Flush I’ve heard the Cayenne Pepper Diet also referred to as...
- Lemon Juice Detox – the Ultimate Lemonade Cleanse Are you curious about the lemon juice detox? The superior...
- Will I Experience Stomach Spasms on the Cayenne Pepper Diet? It is normal to experience some stomach spasms during the Cayenne Pepper...