Okay, you’ve started the ‘cayenne pepper diet‘ aka ‘the lemonade diet’. You’ve got into it a few days and you feel like complete **** … shaking, tired, suffering from headaches and just generally miserable. Perhaps you are thinking of quitting but are worried about gaining back the weight you have lost. It’s difficult to cope.
The difficult truth is that many people don’t last on this diet because they didn’t start out with a good plan. The number one thing you need to have in place is a clear understanding of why you want to do this, a powerful vision of you attaining your goal, plus some solid support from your friends and family.
Remember, the lemonade diet is not really a ‘diet’ … it’s a cleanse. That said here are some warnings & helpful tips.
You should read the Master Cleanse Secrets book. If you have special needs, diabetic or hypo/hyperglycemic issues, then you want to be fully informed. Consult your doctor with your plans.
1. Salt water flushes mobilizes toxins and encourages elimination. Do you get what I mean? Stay NEAR a bathroom for an hour or so afterwards until you are quite finished. If you don’t, you will regret it
2. If you feel the need to flatulate after having drank the laxative tea (Smooth Move) or salt water flush, DON’T. It’s not gas
3. The tea works very well. Be near a bathroom in the morning. If you drink it in the morning, be prepared to be near a bathroom
4. Use only the best Organic Grade B Maple Syrup you can find. I shop for mine at a local organic whole foods store
5. Buy a lemon/citrus juicer. Conventional thinking is that you can juice 2 or 3 lemons for the juice you will need. It’s more like 10 and you will get tired. A few bucks spent will save you much effort. Drink the pulp!
6. Fresh lemonade tastes best
7. Pre-measure your lemonade. You WILL start drinking more of it and you WILL start to crave it
8. Consider starting a blog to journal your experience. This can be therapeutic
9. Take before and after photos, and remember to weigh yourself. You may not like to do that, however if you want to make meaningful change in your life, you MUST be prepared to observe whether it’s working or not
10. You *may* develop a cold
11. EASE OFF THE CLEASE! Digging into the fried chicken will sicken you
12. A lot of weight loss will be water, which will return. Don’t be upset about this. Try to avoid salt which can lead to water retention
13. BEFORE you start the cleanse, have a plan for healthy eating afterwards. You have a fresh start … use it.
14. This is not a diet, but an accelerated program to quickly lose some weight and detoxify.
photo credit: Autumn Welles